- May ’13 – NEW! Improved City of Tacoma Website was launched
May 31st. Tip Sheets and
Request Form are now available at http://tacomapermits.org.
- Jun ’12 – Look up garbage, recycle, and yard waste collection calendar for a
specific address on the updated Collection Calendar web page.
- May ’12 – Find out about
street and utility construction projects in your neighborhoods and around your
work places through the new Tacoma City Projects Website.
- Feb ’12 – Map
with all Features upgraded gMap application is ready to use. Your help
is needed to test the new map and provide feedback as we prepare for go-live
and retirement of the current version.
- Sep ’10 – Surplus Property collaborative web application allows City of Tacoma,
Tacoma Public Schools, and Metro Parks Real Property offered for Surplus to be
viewed in gMap and on the Surplus Property page.
- Jul '10 - Contractors may now create a govME account and register online for
the Small Works Roster Program for public works bid
opportunities of $200,000 and less.
- Apr '10 - Right-of-Way Capital Project Tracking & Moratorium application
now displays City of Tacoma streets in moratorium.
- Sep '09 - Public Works Right-of-Way Capital Project Tracking & Moratorium application
is online. This application will allow for better project coordination of the
capital improvement projects constructed in the City, it will hopefully reduce
scheduling conflicts and it will minimize the impacts of construction projects
to the citizens of the City of Tacoma. If you have any questions regarding the
new application, contact Mr. Rae Bailey
- June '09 - Public Works Right-of-Way Restoration Policy - Now in effect
The Public Works Right-of-Way Restoration Policy went into effect on
June 12th, 2009. All projects advertised after this date shall be designed in
accordance with the new policy. In addition, the Street/Utility Standard Plans
have been revised to reflect the requirements of the new policy and are now
posted on the govME website. If you have any questions regarding the new policy
and standard plans, contact James
Coffman at 253-591-5003
- Dec '08 - Search and view code enforcement case information by entering a
notification number or specific search criteria on the new Code Enforcement K5 Notification Query page.
- July '08 - FIRM (Flood Insurance Rate Map) grid information with links to
specific maps now included in all MyTacoma searches (under MyParcel).
- March '08 - Interim Public Works Director Mike Slevin is pleased to announce
that the City of Tacoma Public Works Department received worldwide
recognition for its govME (government Made Easy) website.
This honor was bestowed upon the City as part of the Oracle Spatial Excellent
Awards and was presented at the Oracle Spatial User Conference held March 13th
in Seattle. Assistant City Manager Rey Arellano accepted the award on the
City's behalf. Public Works was selected based on its innovative approach in
using Oracle Spatial technologies across its enterprise user community. Please
join me in congratulating Gary Cantu and his staff for the wonderful job they
continue to do.
- February '08 - 1931, 1950 and 1973 Aerial Photography is now spatially
integrated into gMap. Previously you had to open a separate viewer to see these
photos but now they are available as a radio button layer choice like all the
other ortho photos.
- November '07 - self-help page MyTacoma provides easy access to a wide variety of information and
services available in our city, neighborhoods, and property complete with links
to the data displayed geographically by gMap.
- April ‘06 – Citywide govME Training offered to all city staff.
- October ‘05 – Code Violation made available to view online in govME Map (gMap).